If you are new to PhD in Parenting, this page will introduce you to some of the best content on this blog. This page includes the most popular posts, most commented posts, good resources, and my favourite rants. This page was last updated in May 2015.
These are the posts with the highest number of page views.
- Toddler Hitting: 5 Strategies to Handle It
- Cry it out: 10 reasons why it is not for us
- Breastfeeding and Low Supply: Common and Surprising Causes and Solutions
- Why I Protest Nestle's Unethical Business Practices
- Co-Sleeping Safety
- The Calories and Breastfeeding Rollercoaster
- 50 Reasons for Breastfeeding Anytime, Anywhere
- 10 Gentle Baby and Toddler Sleep Tips
- The Scientific Benefits of Breastfeeding
- Would you let your teen's boyfriend/girlfriend sleep over?
My favourite posts
These are some of my favourite posts from over the years. I hope you'll enjoy them too.
- Covering Up is a Feminist Issue (Video) -- This video was selected for BlogHer Voices of the Year
- The Mommy Wars Made Me a Better Parent
- If there is a silver bullet, your toddler probably hid it
- Choice: We're Doing it Wrong
- Is Shame a Barrier to Social Change?
- Don't Judge Me
- Child's Hierarchy of Needs
- Mothers Shouldn't Have Opinions
- Outrage: When Parents Cross the Line
- Equally Shared Parenting and Breastfeeding. Is That Possible?
- Parenting styles to the extreme
- Where can I shop? Understanding Bangladesh, safety and ethical sourcing
- Getting result for maternal and child health in Bangladesh through community empowerment -- written while travelling to Bangladesh with Save the Children Canada
- Badinter's "The Conflict": Oppression of Mothers Through The Lens of France's Hegemonic Masculinity -- Based on this post, I was invited to contribute to a NY Times Debate on the issue